1. Do I need an appointment? Do you take walk-ins? No appointment is necessary to tour our community; however, it is always appreciated if you call ahead to make sure we are available to provide adequate time for you to tour and ask questions. Please arrive no later than one half hour prior to closing if you would like to tour the property. Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour the community.
2. Why do your prices have ranges?
The prices will range on each floor plan depending on the updates done inside the apartment. Updated units may include newer flooring, kitchen appliances, lighting, and faucets.
3. What is the application fee and is it refundable?
Application fees are $25 per person 18 and older occupying the apartment. You may pay these online by ACH or credit card. All application fees are nonrefundable.
4. How do I apply? Applications may be found under the “floor plans” tab of our property website, or a staff member can send you a link to your email.
5. Which utilities do I pay? Water is a flat fee of $40 for a one bedroom and $65 for a two bedroom, which is paid to the office. Electricity will be the residents responsibility as well as any cable or internet services.
Lease and Resident Questions:
6. What is the security deposit? Security deposits will vary depending on qualifying criteria but ranges from $99 to one month’s rent.
When is my rent payment due? Rent is always due on or before the first of the month.
8. What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?
Rent is always due on the first and a $100 late fee is assessed on the 6thof every month (even Sundays and holidays).
9. How can I pay my rent? You can pay rent by setting up your online account on our property website. This allows you to use a bank account or credit card to make payments. We do offer other options such as Pay Lease and you are welcome to bring in checks (though the fifth) and cashiers checks.
10. What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have? Up to 2 pets, cats or dogs, are allowed. Any number of pets living in the apartment will then require a one-time, nonrefundable $300 pet fee. Monthly pet rent is $25 for one animal and $40 for two. Breed restrictions apply, please contact the office.
11. If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease? Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. 60-day notice is required before vacating your apartment, and the lease buy-out fee is one and a half times the rent amount.
12. How can I refer a friend? If you love Somerset Place Apartments and want to refer a friend, please let our office know! We offer resident referral programs throughout the year and would love for your friends and family to join our community.
13. If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it? You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service. You may also submit work orders online if you are enrolled in our online services.
14. There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease?
Yes, if someone is temporarily staying with you, please let the office know so we can accommodate for parking. If someone is permanently moving in, or staying longer than 7 days, they will need to fill out an application to be added to your lease agreement.
15. I will be moving out. What do I need to do? We require a 60-day written notice, which you are responsible through, prior to move-out. If you need to move-out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days prior to the lease expiring to provide your written notice.
16. Do you have cable services? Yes, Comcast and AT&T U-verse are our community cable and Internet providers.
17. Can I grill on property? There are no grills allowed onsite.
18. I’m locked out of my apartment/garage. What do I do? If you are locked out during business hours, you can come to the office to be let back in your apartment or garage.
19. I’ve lost my apartment and/or mailbox keys. What do I do? If you have lost your keys, you may have new keys made at our office during business hours for a small fee.
The staff is nice and it’s real peaceful over there and in a great location close to everything.
It's nice and quiet. Very nice staff and safe area to live in.
We love Somerset Apartments! The staff has been wonderful. The apartments are incredibly cozy and the location is great.
I love the fact that I am next to everything and I do not have to drive a long ways to get to where I need to go. On top of that, the office staff was more than welcoming and willing to help me each step of the way. Great community and excellent location!